Monday, January 7, 2008

Website Research For ARTC 331

http://www.double-whammy.com/

I reviewed Steve Double's Site first and I was very impressed. He gives you no instruction, just a small box of smaller boxes in the lower left corner and you can look at all of those to view the different works that he's done for celebrities and important businessmen. It was simple and yet the first site to grab my attention and keep it held.

http://www.urbansoldierz.com/

This was a good site in terms of creativity, "Urban Soilderz" that is. I was immediately drawn in by the loading screen, which was a TNT detonator slowly falling downwards. The entire feel of the site is a rust covered industrial sort of look that showcases graffiti. I was having a good time watching their efficient loading screens and downloading wasn't cumbersome either. However, they use a system where one cannot scroll to get where they are going. One has to position their mouse in a direction that one wishes to go. While scrolling can be seen as bothersome, this site made it difficult to get back to my default position without overshooting my mark. I quickly became fed up.

http://www.freakyfacets.com/site.html

There was an enter screen, then a full page screen... then there was an iconic robot, when I clicked the robot I went into the real website and the gallery blew me away. Small thumbnails with excellent works of art to blow one away. This is an excellent use of having a sort of "host" for the website. The robot guides you around and I feel that he does not detract from any of the pieces. This is the type of website that I would like to emulate, best.

No comments: